Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP, USE OF THE SCRAPSTORE AND BOOKING OF EVENTS OR WORKSHOPS
• By signing the Membership Form for Thurrock Play Network, this signifies your agreement to the following Terms and Conditions of use of the Scrap Store;
• Whilst the Handicraft shop is open to the general public, only registered Members are allowed to purchase scrap materials from the Scrap Store.
• Charges for scrap will depend on the amount and type of materials taken; sample charges for full sacks, bags, etc, are shown at the till. Some materials, eg fabric, large sheets of card, individual items, will show separate suggested donations.
• Children under 16 are allowed in the Scrap Store provided they are accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent, carer or other responsible adult.
• Members purchasing materials from the Scrap Store are responsible for their suitability for the age and ability of the user group.
• Scrap items purchased from The Pyramid Resource Centre are able to be recycled/upcycled but cannot be resold in its original form.
Please note – whilst we take every care to ensure that our donated ‘special scrap’ items are complete and in working order, we cannot offer guarantees on these items. Should there be any part missing or damaged which does not affect the use of the item, this will be noted on the packaging. Such items are always sold ‘As seen’.
• In the event of Thurrock Play Network being made aware that any member, individual or group, is not complying with the above Terms & Conditions, membership may be withdrawn and admittance refused.
• Members purchasing materials from the Scrap Store are responsible for their suitability for the age and ability of the user group. We cannot offer refunds on these items.
• Goods purchased from our Handicraft shop (NOT scrap/donated items) will be accepted for return and replacement or refund within 14 days of purchase only if they are found to be damaged or incomplete.
• Refunds/replacements will be made for items returned to us if they are faulty, or found to be not as described. Such returned items should be in their original packaging and accompanied by proof of purchase. Refunds will not be made in any other circumstances.
ON-LINE, MAIL ORDER AND PHONE SALES
• If an order is cancelled prior to despatch by us, full refund of the cost and postage paid will be made within 14 days of the cancellation.
• Goods can be returned within 14 days of receipt, if not suitable, but must be returned in their original packaging, undamaged and accompanied by proof of purchase and reason for return.
• Refunds will be made within 14 days of Scrapstore receiving the item. Postage and packaging costs will not be refunded unless the item is returned as faulty, damaged or incomplete.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND ATTENDING
(held on Scrapstore premises or other accommodation booked for the purpose by Thurrock Play Network)
• To secure a place on any workshop the fee (if applicable) must be paid at the time of booking. Booking can be made by phone, online or in person at the Scrap Store.
• We occasionally take photographs of participants, both adults and children to use in our publicity material; your permission will always be sought before such photographs are taken.
• If a workshop place is cancelled up to 5 full days before a course, fees will be refunded or optionally transferred to another course as appropriate. A place can be offered to another person, but please let us know of the change prior to the course.
• Occasionally the Scrap Store may have to cancel a course/workshop/activity; in such circumstances, as much notice as possible will be given. If a course is re-scheduled there will be the option of re-booking, a full refund or transfer to another course.
• In the event of a non-appearance of a booked-in participant, no refund will be issued.
• For all children’s courses and activities, the child/children booked in must be accompanied by a parent/carer/responsible adult. Younger siblings (ie those too young to undertake the course) will be admitted but please notify Scrap Store at the time of booking and ensure the child is fully supervised.
Equipment Hire - Terms and Conditions
All hire charges are required to be paid IN FULL at the time of booking and is non-refundable
A CASH security deposit (refundable – subject to our terms) will be required when either equipment is collected from The Pyramid Resource Centre or delivered by our driver.
This deposit will be returned when items are returned to The Pyramid Resource Centre or collected by our driver.
Please note: Thurrock Play Network expect any hired equipment to be returned in the condition that it was collected or delivered. The security deposit will not be returned if any of the following conditions are not adhered to:
Hired equipment must be;
1. Unassembled and packed in original bags, boxes and containers when returned
2. Clean and dry
3. Complete with no missing or damaged pieces or parts
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of our equipment be left outside in wet weather – this will result in losing the security deposit